Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
The Command & Launch Systems Engineering & Integration team is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer to support the MBSE Architecture & Interfaces team. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
In this role you will:
- Lead, Definition, Development, Evaluation and Maintenance of DoDAF/UPDM UML-based Models of architecture viewpoints, including requirements and parametric models in CAMEO or similar technology
- Support the development of System Architecture Descriptions and associated artifacts, such as system design descriptions consistent with DoD Data Item Description guidance
- Perform Model access, configuration management and change control
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSD_Jobs Qualifications :
- 5 years of systems or test engineering experience with Bachelors in a STEM related field; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), tools, techniques and concepts; Familiarity with the Systems Engineering "V" model (IEEE 15288, 12207) and all phases of its lifecycle
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills and Systems Thinking mindset
- Excellent decision making and communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance, with a background investigation date within 6 years
- Working knowledge of DOORS
- At least 3 years of experience CAMEO, Rhapsody, Systems Architect, PTC Integrity or other similar COTS packages; Technical Experience with SAP, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Engineering Solutions, Product Line Engineering, TeamCenter, Extranet Solutions, or Collaboration Solutions.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts
- Experience briefing to senior leadership
- Experience with version control using Atlassian, or other tools
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI, or Active DoD Top Secret with SCI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638693Posted: 2020-05-21