At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We have a need for a Principal Project Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, California. Essential Functions/Duties:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- The Configuration Management organization has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer who will be responsible for running all enterprise change boards and managing all change board metrics and procedures.
- Reviewing and reporting the status of change records, change management schedules, and engineering change packages to upper management as well as managing the change process are a major focus of this position.
- Assessing project issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Creatively developing mechanisms for monitoring and reporting project progress as well as intervention, problem solving and risk mitigation with project managers, internal customers, and contractors.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor of Science in STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline and 5 years of relevant experience OR 3 years with Masters OR 0 years with a Ph.D.
- Active, in-scope DoD Top Secret clearance with investigation within the last 5 years and the ability to obtain Special Program Access prior to start
- Must have a basic understanding of Project Management principles.
- BS/MS in Systems Engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638696Posted: 2020-05-21