At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work; and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems designs, builds, and delivers space, defense, and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems, and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems, and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman's Tactical Space Systems is seeking a motivated candidate that will fill the position of Command and Data Handling (CDH) Electrical Systems Engineer. This position supports the program/project staff in the analysis, investigation, and resolution of engineering electrical systems problems, subsystem requirements development, tasking, and schedule management as required by the program. In this role you will interact with internal staff and customer base, provide direction as appropriate to design or technician staff, report status, and participate in internal and external design reviews. Depending on assignment, you may task other technical team members.This position may be filled at the Principal or Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer level, depending on education and years of experience.Job Responsibilities:
- Support the design of electrical systems, command and data handling systems, payload integration, etc.
- Lead electrical technology assessments and electrical system level architecture trade studies, electrical system definition, and electrical subsystem level requirements flow-down (analysis and allocation)
- Lead/coordinate electrical avionics team as required
- Perform CAM activities as required
- Managing and reporting EVMS as required by program
- Develop subsystem requirements
- Develop cost estimates for proposals and programs as required
- Develop and manage schedule and resources as required by the program/project
- Effectively operate within a multi-discipline engineering team
- Provide technical oversight to ensure the electrical system is compliant and verifiable at the avionics digital and analog telemetry level
- Analyze and interpret requirements at the space vehicle level and flows down requirements to lower level specifications
- Evaluate and coordinate electrical system designs to ensure system-level requirements are met
- Provide documentation and make technical presentations as required
- Develop space vehicle level interface designs
- Provide technical coordination of vendors and suppliers
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects
- Analyze and design avionics systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles
- Other duties as assigned
NGFeaturedJobsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related STEM field
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active or current Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI
- 5 years of experience (Principal) or 9 years of experience (Sr. Principal)
- Active or current TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.