At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea - it's a way of life.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you interested in expanding your career while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented Quality Engineer to join our team in Sunnyvale, California.
The Quality Engineer develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials in to partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
MAQEA Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM field and at least 5+ years of experience or a masters degree and 3+ years of experience or a PhD with 0 years of experience.
- Direct experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Experience developing, collecting, and analyzing metrics.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Power Point, Word, Excel)
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to attain required security level clearance
- Possess strong SAP skills and experience.
- Experience with Supplier Quality methods and processes.
- Experience with machining, welding, heat treat and assembly processes.
- Experience with Root Causes, Corrective Actions training.
- Experience working with DCMA.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.