Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Baltimore, MD Space Systems team. This position will support both concept and product development to deliver key solutions within the Northrop Grumman Corporation Space Systems Sector, Payload and Ground Systems Division and will report to the PGS Eastern Region SEIT Department.
Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) is gaining more visibility and becoming a preferred approach to systems engineering for space system architects and engineers, within industry and government. To meet the increasing demand for MBSE, Northrop Grumman is using proven system modeling approaches to provide space systems engineering analysis, education and support to fellow employees and government customers. The position will be responsible for supporting model-based systems engineering for space payloads and/or vehicles.
The position will be responsible for leading systems engineering tasks and/or teams for space subsystems, payloads and/or vehicles. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop descriptive system models to include logical/physical/functional block diagrams at various abstraction layers to support Model-Based Engineering (MBE) and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) efforts.
- Implement metrics and data-driven decision making to track and improve MBSE efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that the decisions on technical approaches are aligned with established MBSE plan to achieve optimal technical, schedule, and financial performance.
- Ability to train other members of Space technical staff, program office, and government customers on MBSE.
- Ability to work independently and across multi-disciplined/multi-site teams to architect, model, simulate, and analyze systems to predict/verify system performance against functional/capability requirements.
- Share lesson learned and best practice across the MBSE Community of Practice (CoP) and other Northrop Grumman sectors.
#ngfeaturedjobs #spacepgs #spacepgsseitQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) curriculum with 5 years relevant experience (3 years with Master of Science Degree, 0 years with PhD). Candidates with an additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered for a Sr. Principal position.
- In-depth technical expertise in MBSE techniques; requirements management, interface control and verification; trade studies and analysis of alternatives; development of end to end solutions.
- Understanding of SysML, UML or other descriptive constructs/tools may be used.
- Active Top Secret or SCI clearance.
- Broad technical and MBSE experience, across multiple platforms, and encompassing the entire product development lifecycle.
- Experience in all levels of space systems engineering including vehicle level to lower architecture levels.
- Computer programming, modeling and simulation skills, for estimating space vehicle performance.
- Experience with space system architectures: SysML and DODAF.
- Experience with DOORS and requirements/architecture linking.
- Experience with MagicDraw-Cameo.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph within 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638710Posted: 2020-05-21