Northrop Grumman Defense Systems, ISR Special Mission Aircraft seeks an Electrical Engineering manager to serve as the technical lead of its electrical engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation as an electrical engineer with experience modifying aircraft for special mission applications. Candidates should have the ability to serve as the functional manager for a small team of engineers and support staff.
The individual will support technology and business development activities, proposals (generate schedules and cost estimates), and design reviews. The position may include assignment as chief engineer to one or more new or existing programs. The individual must be capable of functioning as the team's technical lead for designing and coordinating the integration of payloads aboard aircraft solutions to include SIGINT devices, radars, electro-optical systems, communications systems, avionics upgrades and survivability equipment. Technical activities include supporting programs, providing engineering support during design, manufacturing, integration, and test in the area of aircraft modification and integration. A strong background in electrical engineering, including preparing electrical engineering reports, wiring diagrams, block diagrams, electrical load analysis, ground/flight test reports and other technical reports required to obtain FAA Field and STC approvals is needed. Duties may include subcontract technical management, IPT management, any responsibilities associated with the role of a responsible design engineer. Strong communication, leadership and team building skills are essential.
The electrical engineering manager will provide leadership, people management, and supervisory oversight such as personnel development (direction & coaching), program/project reviews, coordination of job assignments, staffing, recruiting, timecard approval, performance reviews and process improvement activities. Must be a self-starter, independently directed with good problem solving skills.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with DoD Secret Clearance, with the ability to attain TS/SCI Clearance.
• B.S. degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering (or related field) plus a minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience.
• Experience as a technical lead for payload/electronics integration projects
• Familiarity with EMI/EMC prevention, wire shielding and wire protection/sizing.
• Knowledge of aircraft electrical systems and wiring diagrams.
• Ability to travel infrequently for business, CONUS
• Former domain experience with military operations, military intelligence, ISR aircraft, UAS/RPA and/or US Special Forces
• Knowledge and understanding of FAA 14 CFR Part 23 & Part 25 aircraft certifications requirements and the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process is highly preferred
• Prior experience integrating surveillance and communication technologies and systems onto aircraft
• Technical MS Degree
• Previous functional management experience
• Existing TS/SCI Clearance with work experience on restricted programs is highly preferred.
• Previous experience developing SOW's and coordinating acquisition with supply chain management for electronics
• Experience as a deployed field engineer in support of systems deployed in high risk areas
• Ability/interest to occasionally travel to forward deployed, high risk areas like Afghanistan for short term test and system fielding projects (1-4 weeks)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.