Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. We design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars.
Whether it's making a 200 ton airplane invisible, predicting cyber-attacks before they happen or solving the mysteries of the universe, wherever the boundaries of possible are being pushed, Northrop Grumman is there.
For 60 years, Northrop Grumman has anticipated the future of military space. From the launch pad to orbit, we deliver everything from missile systems to spacecraft to launch and command and control systems. We are dedicated to providing strategic defense, secure and reliable communications, and robust missile warning and advanced space situational awareness to support our customers.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector is seeking applicants for a position on the Sustainment and Modernization of Radar Sensors (SMORS) program as a Test Engineer. This position will be focused on the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry (PAVE) Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) (BPP). This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO. What You'll Get to Do:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Work under the guidance of more experience test and sites personnel
- Support the development of system test solutions in accordance with project technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Prepare and execute comprehensive system/element level test plans, procedures and test events
- Participate in system/element level test planning and test readiness reviews
- Participate in integrated testing activities and resolving conflicts for competing systems
- Document test requirements and methodologies in the requirements management system
- Review system engineering documentation to ensure test plans and methodologies meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent and complete
- Support the development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing
- Participate in engineering peer reviews as a document originator or reviewer to ensure technical quality and engineering rigor is appropriate
- Participate in project technical risk analysis and mitigation
- Up to 25% travel may be required.
- 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters; 4 Years with Associates, or 6 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- Experience in using a requirements management tool, such as DOORS
- Experience in with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience in using a discrepancy management tool, such as Jira, Bugzilla, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
What We Can Offer You:
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Degree in a STEM discipline
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology
- Familiarity with ground-based radars such as PARCS and/or the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry (PAVE) Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) (BPP)
- Experience with test automation
- Experience in writing scripts using scripting languages such as Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, Python, Perl, bash, tcl, etc.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite of tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with MS Office suite of tools (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Security + Certification
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/BenefitsOverview/Pages/default.aspx Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world. Our Values
. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve. Our Responsibility
. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.