At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea - it's a way of life.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented Calibration Technician to join our team in Woodland Hills, California.
The selected candidate will be responsible for maintaining/updating/supporting calibration database TEAMMS, supports vendor activities including ordering and receiving equipment for Metrology, completes monthly metrics for various meetings. Must be computer skilled, and have a good knowledge and working experience with Microsoft Office Suite especially MS-Access database. General knowledge and understanding of calibration techniques and principles is required. Typical Mental / Physical Requirements:
- Ability to receive and relay information,
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment,
- Ability to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints,
- Able to prioritize and adjust tasks simultaneously to accomplish the objective results,
- Ability to determine priorities to achieve the required goal on a short or long term basis,
- Able to make decisions that have an impact on the organization's credibility, operations and customer service,
- Able to analyze data to discover facts or knowledge and interpretations to carry out prescribed action(s),
- Ability to determine/identify sequence of operations or actions to be taken,
- Able to discover facts and/or develop knowledge, or create concepts and/or interpretations,
- Ability to analyze functional, structural or compositional characteristics,
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes,
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need,
- Ability to push and maneuver mobile calibration cart/station,
- Able to be subject to both external and internal environmental conditions,
- Ability to communicate over ambient noise level,
- Able to wear Personal Protective Gear and appropriate safety equipment if/when necessary,
- Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
MAQEAQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma and 2 years of additional related experience and/or education
- US citizenship
- Minimum two years direct working experience in a Calibration Lab Environment and hands on experience with various data bases and metrics. Familiarity with developing and interpreting calibration customer/vendor requirements and the requirements of ISO 17025.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638725Posted: 2020-05-21