We are looking for a seasoned test engineer with a solid flight test instrumentation background to manage our Palmdale Flight Test Instrumentation Engineering team. In this role, you will manage a team of ~15 engineers with responsibility for cradle to grave development of new instrumentation capabilities, operating and maintaining existing systems, and supporting ground and flight test activities for multiple programs.
This position is based in Palmdale, but will require routine travel to Edwards Air Force Base.
In addition to managing staff and technical activities, you will be responsible for creating and managing schedules, spend plans, staffing plans, and developing proposals for future work. You will also be preparing presentations/reports and routinely presenting status to senior leadership.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math with 5 years aerospace test experience with an emphasis on instrumentation.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Solid technical understanding of instrumentation systems and architectures
- Ability to interface with all levels of functional and program management
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute technical projects from inception through completion with the ability to manage several tasks/projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage cost, schedule, and technical performance of SOW elements
- Experience coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, and spend plans.
- Risk and opportunity management experience
- Customer relationship experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638736Posted: 2020-05-21