At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Principal Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA.
This opening is for a Principal Engineer
to be part of the Global Supply Chain Sourcing organization to perform Production and Sustainment technical support activities for advanced programs.
The responsibilities include the technical administration of all aspects of analysis, development, integration, execution and producibility. The position provides technical oversight and guidance to Supplier Management personnel and interfaces with program engineering on all associated aspects of concept and design, which is required execute build to packages released to supply chain successfully. Responsible to proactively identify and mitigate potential supply chain gaps, identify and develop new capabilities to address incongruities to existing manufacturing industry capabilities.
Candidate will be responsible with minimal support for analyzing engineering design concepts, assembly theory, fabrication drawings, inspection requirements, procurement requirements, verification requirements, and aligning required fabrication capabilities and capacity to support Aeronautics platform applications for assigned commodities.
- Review and interpret technical specifications, validate requirements for design, and manufacturing milestones to support component deliverables
- Technical responsibilities to determine proper commodity designations, individual specification and hardware deliverables
- Support internal technical and non-technical review meetings as required
- Provide support to GSC representative at formal Engineering Technical Review meetings, and Configuration Review Boards and Change Boards
- Arrange for liaison between Northrop Grumman Global Supply Chain, Suppliers and Customers including technical team counterpart representatives
- Perform root cause investigation and implement corrective actions to eliminate non-conformances and improve manufacturing process repeatability
- Develop sourcing business prospects and maintain project schedules using MS Project and/or other reporting and presentation tools
Candidate should succeed in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative team settings across all levels professional and technical. Candidate must be comfortable and willing to handle administrative and technical demands. Understand ERP system requirements and be able to work in partnership with metallurgy and process engineering, system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and a minimum of 5 years of project management or lead engineering responsibilities (9) years of experience total in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, or 3 years of experience with a Master's degree, 0 years experience with a PhD.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an electrical, electro-mechanical or similar manufacturing engineering field
- 3+ years of advanced use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook; other productivity tools
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the DoD
- Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Project/Program/Business Management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Experience in electro-mechanical instrument test methods and procedures
- Experience working with Siemens NX CAD suite
- Six (6) years or more experience in systems or hardware design and integration
- An Interim or Active Secret Clearance issued by the DoD
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.