Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The successful candidate should have the ability to:
- Design, develop, and implement testing methods and equipment.
- Plan and arrange labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
- Ability to navigate requirements in DOORS
- Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
- Provide test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
- Compile data and define changes required in test equipment, test procedures, or new test requirements.
- Test planning, execution, reporting, and integration support
- Technical experience in network, computer hardware and software, interconnection and interfacing technologies
- Collaborate with systems engineers, software engineers and lab users to ensure the lab meets test requirements
- Develop and release engineering documentation including:
- Perform data analysis against requirements and interfaces for each software build or hardware component
- Interface with software developers and systems engineers in support of verification
- Prepare detailed test reports and support formal verification of the system
- Product integration, regression, and verification testing including checkout in system test labs.
- Short and long term integration planning and execution of multiple concurrent baselines. This include integrating subsystem functionality into system capabilities per design with an emphasis on system stability and performance
- Participating in technical exchange meetings, interfacing with customers (internal/external) and contributing to a broad range of program deliverables.
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSD_Jobs Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- 5 years of systems or test engineering experience with Bachelors in a STEM related field; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Works well in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Security+ Certification
- Software and/or Hardware testing experience.
- Experience with Client/Server architecture.
- Automated Test experience (development and execution)
- Agile experience
- Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
- Proficiency in DOORS and Cameo
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.