At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Pricing and Cost Estimating Analyst
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Melbourne, Florida
. Essential Functions:
- Estimates labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on request for proposal (RFP) data submitted by prospective customers.
- Analyzes specifications, including 3d Drawings, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data.
- Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor.
- Prepares and maintains historical cost data.
- Creates cost models for cost estimating elements.
- Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university with 5+ years of a combination in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Pricing/Estimating experience OR
- Master's Degree from an accredited university with 3+ years of a combination in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Pricing/Estimating experience.
- 2+ years of Aerospace production operation's functions, tasks, and processes
- 3+ years of working experience in Forecasting/Trend analysis
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years prior to start.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Program Access.
- Experienced in Military contracts RFP / Change systems and requirements
- Operations touch labor improvement curve theory modeling and theory
- Proven presenter to all levels of management and customers
- Experienced in negotiations
- Expert in data analytics
- High-end Microsoft Excel user
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638752Posted: 2020-05-21