At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, Systems Integration Test and Evaluation (SIT&E) has multiple openings for a Manager Production Planning and Scheduling 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The selected candidates for this role will oversee teams including the Master Production Schedulers and Operations Project Management. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The candidate must collaborate with functional and program leadership, business development, business management, mission assurance, product development, and global supply chain management to resolve complex issues in a timely manner. The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Develop forecasts and long range planning for equipment and personnel requirements, recruit, mentor, develop, and lead a team of individual contributors through their daily activities.
- Coordinates and communicates engineering change to downstream functions and develops work-around plans and scenarios as required to minimize negative cost and schedule impact to supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Project Management responsibility of various projects requiring oversight of multi-disciplined project teams.
- Oversees As-Built Configuration Reporting for multiple programs in accordance with government / customer requirements.
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" Video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo Qualifications : Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years work experience in production or related field within a manufacturing environment OR Master's Degree plus 3 years work experience in production or related field within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven leadership experience on a project and/or team
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret or SCI Security Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain/Business
- Experience MRP/ERP tools applied in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in spacecraft production and/or integration and test
- Possesses an active Top Secret or SCI Clearance
- Experience with SAP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.