At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector has an opening for a Principal Parts, Materials, and Processes (PMP) and Components Engineer (level 3)
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
Essential Functions for PMP Engineer: Work alongside other PMP/ Components engineers and specialty engineers to support space, defense, and aviation-related systems. Develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems. Develop, analyze and apply material properties and design allowable, engineering processes and quality engineering specifications. Material analysis and failure analysis of components, systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition of requirements and specifications. Review and approval of subcontractor material processing procedures and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) submittals. Review and approval of supplier and vendor material processing procedures and products. May interface/serve as liaison to subcontractors/prime contractor. May interface/serve as liaison to suppliers and vendors. Support technical activities through multiple venues including Failure Review Board (FRB), Corrective Action Board (CAB), and Parts, Materials, and Process Control Board (PMPCB).
Essential Functions for Components Engineer: Work alongside other components engineers and specialty engineers to support space, defense, and aviation-related systems. Evaluate, train and develop processes for component analysis and product conformance to engineering specifications. Identify and isolate component problems for review with the program office and chief engineers. Familiar with evaluation of Government Industry Data Exchange Program alerts, Destructive Physical Analyses (DPA) reports, knowledge of EEE piece part screening and qualification for Space applications and de-rating requirements, review of component failure analysis reports.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or comparable STEM degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience and a Bachelor's degree OR 3 years experience and a Master's Degree with emphasis on EEE components or Parts, Materials, & Process
- Technical experience with material analysis, failure analysis, and component analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Skills
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Experience with NG tools such as TeamCenter/ISE/Concur/SAP
- Experience with materials testing
- Experience with component measurements and testing
- Experience in any of these subject areas: Reliability, Contamination Control, Survivability, and/or System Safety
- Experience working with Government/Industry standards and requirements for Space Systems: knowledge of MIL-STD-202, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-750, MIL-PRF-19500, MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-PRF-38535, NASA EEE-INST-002, MIL-HDBK-1547, MIL-STD-1580, Aerospace TOR (Technical Operating Requirements), SAE AS5553, SAE AS6174
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.