Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space System team supporting the Air Force's Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This will include development, production and deployment of Launch Equipment hardware and systems for each weapon system facility. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers. This includes the following duties, responsibilities, and qualifications:
• Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical/aerospace products for aircraft, spacecraft, launch vehicles, missiles, ground vehicles and associated ground and test equipment.
• Design of components/systems, and preliminary/sizing analysis for both stress and dynamic analysis of aerospace structures.
• Preparation and presentation of reports, briefings, design documents (drawings and specifications) and interface with customers.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
•Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline plus 9 years of engineering experience; 7 Years of engineering experience with Masters in Science in a STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline; 4 Years of engineering experience with PhD in Science in a STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline
• Demonstrated knowledge of hardware design
• Active DoD Secret clearance with investigation within past 5 years
• Experience with ground station design and/or military weapon systems
• Excellent communications and teamwork skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.