Northrop Grumman Innovations Systems is searching for an experienced Princ Engineer Mechanical
to serve as Strike Weapons
Program Lead Integration and Test Engineer as part of our Integration and Test
team in Launch Vehicles
at our Chandler, AZ
facility. Job Responsibilities
- Role Description & Responsibilities:
- The candidate will serve as the Lead Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer for the Strike Weapons Program requiring the candidate to function in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- Daily responsibilities will require direct contact with launch vehicle flight hardware and solid rocket motors.
- The candidate will develop the concept of operation for all integration and test activities associated with preparation and execution of flight test operations at the launch range.
- Specific duties may include:
- Establish NGIS system tools to be used for program execution
- Writing and reviewing work instructions
- Planning and scheduling day to day tasks
- Hands-on testing at a systems level.
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures for the assembly and test of launch vehicle systems.
- Coordinating integration activities with supervisors, program engineers and various customer organizations.
- Incorporating design changes on work in process or completed assemblies; documenting and dispositioning hardware discrepancies and pursuing root cause and corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Hands on integration experience with multiple sub-systems or components is required.
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- The candidate must be willing to occasionally work during odd hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (>40 hrs/wk) to meet program deadlines.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for long durations (4-8 weeks) to support field operations at the launch range. Travel to but not limited to US west coast, possible international travel, requiring a passport.
- The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously.
- Experience Requirements:
- System integration, testing, production and launch operations experience is required.
- Skills to write test procedures and review test data to ensure that hardware is tested properly and has passed all required tests.
- Experience Preferred:
- Experience with Northrop Grumman LV I&T standards/guidelines and expectations is desired.
- Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings, presentation, negotiation) is desired.
- Experience working with operational hazards such as propulsive devices, pressurized systems, overhead lifting, and high voltage systems is desired.
- Experience with proposal writing is desired.
- MES (Manufacturing Execution System) software file creation, plant floor layout, production build experience, BOE (Basis of Estimate) creation, and Costpoint system knowledge
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Skills and Qualifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present to large customer community
- Ability to solve problems, support troubleshooting efforts, drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment, and lead small projects or teams
- Experience working with design, integration, or testing of launch vehicles is highly desired.
- CAD experience is preferred
- Ability to travel: Travel expectation 25%
- Minimum Education / Experience: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters
- Candidate must have a DoD Secret level security clearance which generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
- Experience performing formal requirements decomposition and/or verification
Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace or Systems engineering background
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638766Posted: 2020-05-21