Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global
security company, we provide innovative systems, products, and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
The Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation (MS&A) Department at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer of Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis (MS&A) in Linthicum, Maryland. This position is a
technical leadership role, responsible for developing and implementing MS&A activities on air, space, ground, sea, and cyberspace programs. Additionally it is expected that this position support the shaping of the future of MS&A at Northrop Grumman including influencing the development of overall objectives, strategy, and long-range goals of MS&A across the enterprise. The position will advise programs and capture efforts on which expertise and tools best fit their application and how to tailor the MS&A process for their program scope and budget as well as developing MS&A best practices and communicating these practices across the enterprise.
This technical leader will work with program management and engineering to develop an approach to design, develop, and test models and simulations of the desired mission or system. The technical lead will assist in developing MS&A
plans that address the SOW requirements, MS&A V&V plans that align with software and integration and test, and MS&A architectures for the tools described in the plan. The position will also be responsible for working with the MS&A leads to ensure proper execution of the plans.
The successful candidate possesses an engineering background combined with the ability to be an effective communicator, technical team leader, and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external customers
and stakeholders. Proven experience in the development and implementation of MS&A processes and methodologies, analytical modeling (mission and/or systems performance modeling with MATLAB, C/C++, Java, and Python, etc...),
and descriptive modeling (enterprise and/or system architecture modeling with Cameo EA, MagicDraw, PTC, Rhapsody, DOORS, etc...).
This position requires a senior technical leader that can act independently, requiring little oversight. Typical activities will include:
- Developing MS&A strategy and implementation plans (including Model-Based Engineering development and execution)
- Supporting the MS&A Department to consulting on key programs throughout the company and support customer and industry briefings
- Employee mentoring and career development in the area of MS&A
- Ensuring adherence to standard systems engineering and MS&A processes
- Strategic proposal support
- Team leadership activities in support of the above pursuits
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills and will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver. The candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between
interpersonal, business, and MS&A capabilities. The candidate will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- Experience: 14+ Years with Bachelors in Science; 12+ Years with Masters; 9+ Years with PhD
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the areas of modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Strong communication skills
- High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation, and monitoring
- Working knowledge of C++, Python, and/or MATLAB
- U.S. Citizenship and active secret clearance is required.
- Active TS/SCI with counterintelligence polygraph
- Experience in formal statistical Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Familiarization with MIL-STD-3022
- Simulation/Software design and development experience
- Descriptive modeling with UPDM, SysML, and/or UML
- Architecture Framework experience using UAF, DoDAF, Zachman, and/or FEA
- Campaign, Mission, and Engagement Analysis experience
- Cost estimation and analysis experience
- Degree or certification in systems engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.