At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Integration and Test based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
This position works with Software and Systems Engineering to develop an integration and test solution to ensure our products are robust and failure-free. This supports Navigation & Positions Systems business unit and the Integrated Digital Solutions operating unit. The Navigation & Positioning Systems is comprised of navigation and inertial measurement systems. The Integrated Digital Solutions Systems includes rotary-wing cockpit upgrades. This positions utilizes highly specialized electronics and at times environmental test equipment
What You'll get to Do:
- Synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Develop and direct preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures, and schedules for complete systems. This includes designing a formal qualification strategy to qualify new system designs utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, DOORS.
- Using scripting knowledge to develop test scripts to automate test campaigns.
- Coordinate integrated testing activities.
- Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness of test program.
- Perform technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
- Assess performance of Navigation Systems and Mission Computers by analyzing data using MatLab or similar software.
- May develop System Models using Simulink or Cameo.
- May be part of an Agile SCRUM team.
#LI-MS-105 Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) degree and a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience; Master's degree in a related STEM degree and 7 years experience.
- Prior experience in Systems Engineering or Integration & Test roles.
- Working/Engineering use of MatLab and or coding/scripting experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
- Master's degree in Engineering or Physics from an accredited institution.
- Programming experience.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Prior experience in Guidance, Navigation, & Control Systems.
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.Our Values.
The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.Our Responsibility.
At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.