At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman, located in Promontory, UT, is currently recruiting for a Facilities Electrical Controls Engineer.
Job Summary including Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs power, controls and process instrumentation per the NEC including hazardous classified locations.
• Provide detailed cost estimates for project design and implementation.
• Troubleshoot industrial electrical equipment.
• Develop electrical maintenance guidelines for industrial equipment.
• Integrate and specify electrical equipment for robotics, PLC's, servo drives, instrumentation and HVAC equipment.
• Program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) to control a variety of processes, machine tools, and robotics. Allen Bradley PLC and Rockwell Software programming experience preferred.
• Expertise to develop electrical schematics that are logical, well organized and require little to no redlines
• Expertise designing panel layouts that minimize space and comply with manufacturer's specifications
• Design, specify, and program variable frequency drives (VFD) for all types of motor control applications.
• CNC machine troubleshooting, programming, and specifying.
• Work with maintenance craftsmen to troubleshoot.
• Project management and cost estimating.
• Provide Detailed Project Designs in AutoCAD drawing format.
• BS in Engineering with an emphasis in electrical/automation.
• 5 years minimum industrial facility electrical design experience.
• Industrial power and control design experience.
• PLC systems and programming experience.
• AutoCAD drafting ability.
• Ability to work in the field, climb ladders, work outside and work in congested areas.
• Can be hired at a higher level with BS and 9+ years of experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638780Posted: 2020-05-21