At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced
Princ Engineer Mechanical / Sr. Princ Engineer Mechanical to serve as PTV Program Lead Integration and Test Engineer as part of our Integration and Test team in Launch Vehicles at our Chandler, AZ facility.
This position may be offered at the Level 3 Princ Engineer Mechanical or
- The candidate will serve as the Lead Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer for the PTV Program requiring the candidate to function in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- Daily responsibilities will require direct contact with launch vehicle flight hardware and solid rocket motors.
- The candidate will develop the concept of operation for all integration and test activities associated with preparation and execution of flight test operations at the launch range.
- Specific duties may include:
Develop production roadmap
Identify potential common process investments for manufacturing
Establish NGIS system tools to be used for program execution
Final Facility design layout
Engineering Priority Release schedule
MRP planning strategy
Hands-on testing at a systems level.
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures for the assembly and test of launch vehicle systems.
- Coordinating integration activities with supervisors, program engineers and various customer organizations.
- Incorporating design changes on work in process or completed assemblies; documenting and dispositioning hardware discrepancies and pursuing root cause and corrective actions.
- Designing and developing tooling to aid in the integration and test process.
Evaluating and implementing Lean solutions to decrease cycle times.
Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- The candidate must be willing to occasionally work during odd hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (>40 hrs/wk) to meet program deadlines.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for long durations (4-8 weeks) to support field operations at the launch range. Travel to but not limited to US Pacific, US West and East coast ranges.
- The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously.
Level 4 Sr. Princ Engineer MechanicalQualifications :Experience Requirements
If offered at the Level 3 Princ Engineer Mechanical
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhDorLevel 4 Sr. Princ Engineer Mechanical
9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
Candidate must have a DoD Secret level security clearance which generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
Ability to travel: Travel expectation 25%
Hands on integration experience with multiple sub-systems or components is required.System integration, testing, production and launch operations experience is required.Experience Preferred:
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering preferredExperience with Northrop Grumman LV I&T standards/guidelines and expectations is desired.
Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings, presentation, negotiation) is desired.
Experience working with operational hazards such as propulsive devices, pressurized systems, overhead lifting, and high voltage systems is desired.
Skills to write test procedures and review test data to ensure that hardware is tested properly and has passed all required tests.
Experience with proposal writing is desired.
MES (Manufacturing Execution System) software file creation, plant floor layout, production build experience, BOE (Basis of Estimate) creation, and Costpoint system knowledge
CAD experience is preferred
•Skills and Qualifications
oStrong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present to large customer community
oAbility to solve problems, support troubleshooting efforts, drive tasks to completion
oAbility to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
oAbility to work in a team environment, and lead small projects or teams
oExperience working with design, integration, or testing of launch vehicles is highly desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions