At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Principal Engineer Mfg -level 3/4 for a position in Northridge, CA
*This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
Requirements for a Principal Engineer Mfg Level 3
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent with at least 5 years related experience with circuit card assemblies and / or electro-mechanical assembly processes.
Requirements for a Sr. Principal Engineer Mfg Level 4
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent with at least 9 years related experience with circuit card assemblies and / or electro-mechanical assembly processes. Preferred Qualifications:
Strong working relationship with design engineering and IPC standards to ensure high reliability is inherent in our CCAs. Strong knowledge of CCA production and rework processes. Ability to travel to and work with our subcontractors. Benefits working at Northridge, CA:
- 9/80 work schedule
- Free gym (on-site)
- Weekly yoga class
- Monthly Lunch & Learns
- Educational Assistance
- Employee discount program
- Employee engagement events (Summer picnic, Fishing trips, Dodger games, golf tournaments (ee paid)
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Year-End Shutdown
- Mentorship program
- Career advancement
- Performance Enterprise System (PES) University
- Continual process improvement opportunities (our voices matter!)
- Open door policy (leadership)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.