Northrop Grumman is seeking a Manager of Supply Chain Programs 3. This position will be located in Plymouth, MN and will support the Armament Systems Business Unit.
The Manager of Supply Chain Programs 3 will lead a diverse team of experienced Managers of Supply Chain Management responsible for major subcontractors and/or major subcontracted systems, as well as complex Bills of Material (BOMs). This manager's responsibilities include collaborating with senior level division, BU, and program executive leadership to understand business strategies and identify and manage the needs for subcontracts and material across the program. Responsibilities will include planning, negotiations, risk management and functional performance, managing key subcontractor cost, schedule, technical and quality performance. This position reports to Director of Supply Chain Management for Armament Systems.
Summary of Functions:
•Drives innovation and continuous improvement within the Supply Chain Management function.
• Develops the material strategy and leads the activities for Armament Systems in all phases of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP);
• Ensures that prior to program execution, all elements of the proposed program(s) plans have complete and accurate schedules, budgets, make/buy plans, and procurement and subcontracts strategies;
• Leads supply chain Program execution and is accountable for resource planning, material cost, forecasting, schedule performance, risk/opportunity management, supplier performance, and supply chain issue resolution;
• Briefs the executive management on the status and issues affecting cost and schedule performance;
• Participates in supplier/subcontractor negotiations;
• Conducts program reviews with the suppliers, subcontractors and program office;
• Makes decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor; and
• Establishes milestone objectives and manages performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications.
• Ensures subcontractor performs within the established program cost, schedule and quality requirements.
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
•Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering and/or technical discipline and a minimum of 8 years' experience (or 6 years with a Masters) in defense or aerospace systems and/or management in development or production projects.
•Advanced knowledge of supply chain management techniques, practices or theories gained through wide seasoning and/or special development. Typically a broad functional knowledge.
•Demonstrated success in leading managers and/or professionals to achieve projects cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
•Demonstrated ability to create and maintain trusted relationships with internal and external customers.
•Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross functional teams.
•Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors.
•Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
•U.S citizen and ability to obtain US Government Secret clearance.
•5+ years leading and/or managing teams.
•Demonstrated experience in supply chain management on a major program.
•Master's Degree in a Business or Technical field.
•Demonstrated experience in interfacing seamlessly with functional teams, customers and major subcontract parts in an IPT structure.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638802Posted: 2020-05-21