Northrop Grumman's Internal Audit department is seeking a qualified individual to join our diverse audit staff. The Auditor will report to the Manager of Internal Audit.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in the conduct of financial and operational related audits for domestic, international site locations, major program locations and subsidiaries:
- Scope of the audits will include test steps related to financial and operational processes, systems, internal controls, company policies applying Generally Accepted Audit Standards (GAAS).
- Ensuring proper recording of transactions and compliance with applicable company policies/procedures, related contracts/agreements, and applicable laws.
- Gather and analyze functional and financial data and validate performance against company/divisions/ subsidiaries objectives goals and reported results, compliance to policies, procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- The candidate should be comfortable performing accounting and regulatory research and sharing their results with their audit teammates and customers.
Other job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the development and execution of audits using a risk-based audit approach, including assessment of controls.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with auditees and affected management.
• Working closely with the sectors to identify Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that can be deployed on audit teams.
• Examining and verifying accounting, statistical, or operational records and/or procedures of internal and/or external organizations to determine the reliability and effectiveness of control systems,
• Assist with the testing of the enterprise-wide and sector specific Sarbanes-Oxley controls to support management's assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
• Incorporate data analytics to identify issues, automate work, improve efficiency and effectiveness and identify risk areas.
• Assisting with the review of reports and supporting work papers for quality, relevance, completeness, accuracy, and compliance with department objectives.
• Review quality metrics and assess the adequacy of root cause corrective actions.
• Preparing presentations covering the various phases of the audit cycle and presenting those materials to Sector staff, Sector management and IA management
• Assisting in the evaluation of the potential effects on the company and our internal audit approach of all newly established and/or potential business and regulatory requirements changes implemented by the Company and/or any other financial regulatory entities.
• Ability to work on other types of audits across the company covering various functional topics and processes.
•Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other risk related field with 3 years' of related work experience; OR a Master's degree in related field with 1 years' of related work experience
•Aerospace and Defense Industry / Government Contracting experience
•Relevant experience in one or more of the following:
-Public Accounting Audit
-Internal Audit of a SEC Publicly Traded Company
-Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them in various business processes, areas, and functions.
•Working knowledge of business systems (SAP, BW, MS Office (Excel, Access), ACL) required to pull data from ERP systems and analyze and interpret a wide variety of data to identify trends, positive and negative correlations, form valid conclusions and present data to best highlight relevant points.
•Experience in performing multiple projects concurrently and participating in highly engaged teams with remotely located team members
•Strong leadership and communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to interact with and present to executive level management
•U.S. Citizenship required
•Ability to obtain a U.S. Government SECRET Clearance
•Ability to travel up 25% of the time.
•Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Project Management Professional (PMP), or other similar certification/accreditation.
•Familiarity with Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and/or the Federal Acquisitions Regulation (FAR).
•Master's degree in related field
•TOP SECRET, TS SCI or TS SAP Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.