Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation. Job Description:
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Sr. Principal Information Systems Project Manager 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. Leads and directs one or more project teams engaged in the design, implementation and modification of IT projects that span across functional organizations. Prepares project execution plan and identifies appropriate technical and business resources needed for the team. Ensures projects are completed on schedule, within budget and meets technical requirements of the assignment. Brief high level officials on project status. Keeps current on advances in the field of IT. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Job Responsibilities:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Create & manage project plans
- Define project schedules, allocate resources and monitor progress
- Align project objectives with company goals, and make sure project team is clear on objectives
- Deliver and install technology solutions
- Help project team with the design and development tasks
- Lead process of issue identification and resolution
- Manage risk tracking process
- Monitor and manage scope
- Manage all documentation
- Work multiple projects simultaneously
- Foster partnership with customers/stakeholders/sponsors
- Present briefings to high level officials
- 9 Years experience with Bachelor's Degree; 7 Years with Masters and 4 years with PhD. 13 years of job related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Able to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Detailed oriented, customer-focused mindset and thrives in collaborative environment and good communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders
- Must have business & IT strategy experience
- Must be knowledgeable with Microsoft Project and project management related software.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Must have a valid U.S. Passport and must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel. Must be willing to accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements
- Active, in-scope Top Secret DoD Security Clearance and the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days of submission.
- PMP Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Change Management Processes
- Agile and Scrum Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638810Posted: 2020-05-21