Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a MBSE Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure. What you will get to do:
- Development of system modeling (including descriptive, behavior, and performance modeling), simulation, analysis, and trade study activities. This includes performing requirements analysis, system and System of System (SoS) trade studies, system capability analysis, system survivability analysis, and mission performance/effectiveness analysis.
- Develop descriptive system models to include physical/functional block diagrams at various abstraction layers to support Model-Based Engineering (MBE) and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) efforts. SysML, UML or other descriptive constructs/tools may be used.
- Create new and adapt existing models, methods, and analysis capabilities to conduct studies to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies.
- Ensure performance capabilities of new systems and architectures are consistent with mission requirements; develop mission relevant scenarios; assess operational effectiveness of existing and emerging systems and capabilities in representative operational environments.
- Work within multi-disciplined teams to architect, model, simulate, and analyze systems to predict/verify system performance against functional/capability requirements.
- Prepare technical packages.
- Support project and program processes, reviews and technical planning activities.
- Identify, develop and implement new tools, tool features, and processes to advance MS&A capabilities.
- Applicants should be highly motivated self-starters with willingness to learn outside their core technology areas. Our diverse systems engineering team is mission-focused while also committed to personal development.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSD Jobs Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- BQs for a Principal Systems Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering, Physics or Mathematics; 3 Years with Masters
- Experience in modeling, simulation, and/or analysis of systems.
- Experience in Systems Engineering to include (but not limited to) requirements analysis, requirements allocation, requirements decomposition, requirements development and verification & validation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to learn additional discipline areas.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Degree in Electrical/Systems/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering/Applied Mathematics or Physics. A Masters or Doctorate degree is desired.
- Experience with Model-Based Engineering / Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBE/MBSE) practices, languages (e.g. SysML, UML) and/or tools (e.g. Model Center, Rhapsody)
- Experience with Cameo, MATLAB and/or Python.
- Experience with system and System of System (SoS) MS&A and development.
- Experience with other structured/scripting programming languages (e.g. C++, Java) and debugging.
- Experience with configuration management / version control using Git, SVN, or other tools.
- Experience preparing work products associated with the system engineering lifecycle milestones (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR)
- Active or current DoD Top Secret.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.