At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer, 5 to join our Supplier Manufacturing Engineering team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, California.
Supplier Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for supply base management related to the acquisition of Military Aircraft Systems for mechanical (machined, composite) parts and assemblies. This specific position will be responsible for supporting and resolving supplier related issues affecting the assembly line at Palmdale for the F-35 and other MAS programs. Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with varying levels of program customers and functional organization (Supplier Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations) leadership to solve technical challenges.
The candidate will also travel to suppliers facilities as NGC representative to resolve interruptions (i.e. parts which suppliers consider conforming but operations has flagged as non-conforming). The candidate will also be involved with resolving supplier production questions, tooling needs and will thrive in a small, high performance team environment.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to providing Subject Matter Expertise to resolve technical issues on designs, processes, tooling and other concerns involving supplier production activities. Candidate would have a strong background in design and manufacturing and solid understanding of geometric and dimensioning tolerancing per ASME Y14.5 standards.
Support engineering production teams to ensure producibility and affordability of design and manufacturing systems. Provide requirements integration between customer, engineering and suppliers and perform sound technical evaluations of supplier's proposals. Provide assessment of supplier's new technology, capability and manufacturing process maturity and support stand up of suppliers on new products or work transfer. Candidate expected to have the ability to work both as a lead for SME in Palmdale and as team player with varying levels of GSC and functional organization leadership to support technical evaluations. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) degree, with 15 years of experience in an aerospace or military aviation Manufacturing Engineering or engineering role,
- Demonstrated experience to formulate and execute technical solutions to complex part, assembly and tooling challenges
- Extensive experience with model based programs (i.e. CATIA V5), solid understanding of GD&T, interoperating requirements, manufacturing notes and experience using SAP, Windows software packages and Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance and special program access and travel up to 25%
- 20 years of experience in an aerospace engineering role.
- Prior Supplier Technical Management experience with manufacturing of military hardware
- Holds ASME-GDTP certification
- Experience using SAP for ERP/MRP.
- Extensive knowledge of military requirements/standards and LMA requirements.
- Knowledge of FAR & DFAR requirements
- Active DoD Secret with active SAP.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.