Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Industrial Engineer. This position will be located in Roy,UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here
As a part of the Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, its work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This position will support all NGSP efforts for the GBSD Program within the Sector Support Business CoE organization.
We are looking for talented, energetic, and motivated individuals to join our production operations team on GBSD. This individual will support the GBSD Industrial Engineering & Scheduling and OPM organization and program IPTs in operations planning, analysis, and scheduling. The qualified applicant will have a working knowledge and understanding of industrial engineering, production scheduling, capacity, and methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. Possess knowledge and understanding of master production scheduling, material requirements planning, and manufacturing business systems. Have an understanding of the SAP MRP system and how scheduling and capacity works within the system is a plus.
This position supports the Command & Launch Team (CLT) as an Industrial Engineering (Master Production Scheduler) Horizontal Integration team member. Responsibilities/Skills Requirements:
- Strong foundation in Industrial Engineering fundamentals
- Proficient in the principles of capacity (efficiencies, standards, constraints, etc)
- Knowledge of manufacturing flows and how they interface with shop floor and Global Supply Chain
- Experience with project and manufacturing schedules
- Understanding of schedule waterfall build with setbacks to independent demands
- Part of the responsibility can include factory and facility layout
- Experience with cost management (Earned Value, Milestone payments)
- Engage and collaborate with programs and functional organizations (from individual contributors to executive staff) to obtain, understand, and interpret manufacturing facilitation and scheduling requirements
- Work with functional team to understand scheduling requirements at implementation site
- Document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Possess strong organizational, planning and decision making skills and the ability to work as a team member and with other members from different technical backgrounds
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and self-starter
- Ability to present (PowerPoint, speaking in front of upper management, technical presentations vs overviews)
- Ability to visualize and layout routings (Flow chart, Excel, etc)
GBSDJobsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience with a BS degree or 3 years of experience with a MS or MBA degree
- BS in Industrial Technology/Industrial Engineering, or other related technical field
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP MRP, AutoCAD
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.