At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division has an opening for a Systems Architect Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
As a systems architect, you will analyze business process documentation to identify opportunities for streamlining and improvements. You will facilitate technical meetings with subject matter experts to capture best practices and lessons learned, and integrate those into existing processes. You will use process mapping software (such as Visio, Nimbus, and Promapp) to develop and maintain process and data models; specifically to define "current state" and transform into the "future state". Essential Functions:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Map/draw process diagrams, using Visio or other modeling tools, while discussing with subject matter experts
- Lead in the facilitation of technical meetings
- Conduct business process analysis in order to identify areas of improvement
- Understand the hierarchical and sequential process modeling concepts/ techniques
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) with 2 years of aerospace, defense, or other product development industry experience; OR Masters Degree in STEM with 0 years of aerospace, defense, or other product development industry experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret and/or SCI clearance
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Experience using process modeling tools (Visio,ProMapp, Tibco Nimbus, etc.) to identify, capture, define, and analyze business processes
- Experience facilitating or participating in process improvement efforts
- Experience working within cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638852Posted: 2020-05-21