At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Materials Process Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo, CA. Essential Functions:
Processes parts and materials needing metallographic / materialographic analysis. Sections, mounts, polishes and microscopically images resulting processed parts / materials. Isolates problems for further analyses. Collects and documents results, and generates reports. May be required to ensure correct functioning and identify any discrepancies. May advise operators and inform engineers regarding processes, procedures, and equipment.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education and/or related experience
- Experience with metallography / materialography: cross sectioning, mounting, polishing and imaging parts and materials for microscopic / microstructural analysis
- Experience with reading and correctly interpret work instructions, while raising questions when needed.
- Skilled at using basic power tools and machinery.
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) at a basic skill level.
- Mechanically inclined with experience assembling mechanical test setups and troubleshooting mechanical test equipment.
- Able to setup and perform materials engineering related tests with some oversight (e.g. tensile testing, metallography processing, material test coupon fabrication).
- Able to collaborate with colleagues and customers in a professional atmosphere.
- Able to read and correctly interpret work instructions, while raising questions when needed.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638861Posted: 2020-05-21