Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. We design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars.
Whether it's making a 200 ton airplane invisible, predicting cyber-attacks before they happen or solving the mysteries of the universe, wherever the boundaries of possible are being pushed, Northrop Grumman is there.
For 60 years, Northrop Grumman has anticipated the future of military space. From the launch pad to orbit, we deliver everything from missile systems to spacecraft to launch and command and control systems. We are dedicated to providing strategic defense, secure and reliable communications, and robust missile warning and advanced space situational awareness to support our customers.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Sr Principal Systems Engineer - System Architect based out of Colorado Springs, CO. This position will serve on the Sustainment and Modernization of Radar Sensors (SMORS) program, focused on the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry (PAVE) Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) (BPP) and specifically the System Architect for Agile development activities. What You'll Get to Do:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- As the System Architect for BPP software updates, play an active, leading role in the implementation of cybersecurity, supportability and new capability updates to the BPP
- Collaborate with the customer product owner to decompose and refine the product backlog; act as final adjudicator for the program on backlog definition
- Author features and stories
- Collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams on the program
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline with 9 years of systems engineering experience; or 7 years' experience with a Master's degree; or 4 years with PhD.
- Interim DoD Secret clearance
- Familiarity and experience with radar systems, their operating principles and architectures
- Familiarity and experience with Agile software development methodologies, i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Familiarity and experience using a requirements management tool, such as DOORS
- Familiarity and experience using an Agile project management tool such as Jira
What We Can Offer You:
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or other Agile certification
- Familiarity with the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry (PAVE) Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) (BPP) or the Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS)
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/BenefitsOverview/Pages/default.aspx Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world. Our Values
. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve. Our Responsibility
. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.