Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Administrator to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team.
Maintains smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs. Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
• Plan, manage and implement complex network designs in support of customer requirements.
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Support network teams in project designs to clarify project requirements, provide design solutions, in accordance with standards.
• Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
• Document network hardware and software technology components.
• Install and configure Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging), spanning-tree, and protocols.
• Implement and troubleshoot WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3).
• Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
• Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to customer and Northrop Grumman management.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems; solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems; periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction; exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment; completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
• Communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
• Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements.
• Associate's degree and 4 years of experience, or Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of experience, or Master's degree and 0 years of experience; 6 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• At least 2 years of experience designing, installing, and configuring network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc. and TCP/IP protocol.
• US citizenship.
• Active Top Secret clearance.
• Ability to maintain an active clearance.
• Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Current Security+ CE certification.
• Current Ciscso CCNA certification.
• Knowledge of networking protocols such Domain Name Server (DNS), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
• Experience communicating technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interfacing with the customer on a daily basis.
• Experience working with network systems and networking principles, data, voice, or video.
• Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice, or video.
• Experience with OSPF, static routes, Port-channels, VLANs, GRE tunnels, VPN tunnels, and ACLs.
• Experience with network risk analysis, modeling, and back-up administration functions.
• Experience creating test plans, procedures and reports for testing of network equipment for both field acceptance testing and acceptance testing at the Integrator's facility/ assembly plant.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Cisco CCNP or CCIE Certification.
• Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design.
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills and experience managing small teams.
• Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools (e.g., WireShark, OpNet, etc.).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.