At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is looking for an Analysis Engineering Manager II, for our Clearfield, Utah location
Successful candidate will be responsible for leading a group of approximately ten engineers within the Analysis group..
This position is ultimately responsible for defining processes which will ensure successful analysis, design, manufacture and testing of complex composite assemblies. Responsibilities:
Qualifications :Minimum Requirements:
- Lead team of Analysis Engineers to work in an integrated project team to analyze, define and improve the design and analysis of parts and assemblies
- Foster environment of cooperation and teamwork with other engineering and non-engineering disciplines and departments (operations, program office, design engineering, manufacturing quality engineering, tooling engineering, etc.)
- Champion COE Engineering objectives to achieve business success
- Partner with customers to achieve goals and deliver to technical requirements
- Participate in the development of overall COE strategies, objectives, and long-term goals of the organization
- Advocate a safe and professional work environment
- Manage execution of the program requirements to cost and schedule objectives
- Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to key talent in the organization
- Steadfastly push self and others to achieve company goals
- Champion the Company's Business and Ethics Code of Conduct
- Develop succession plans and be proactive in coaching and mentoring key talent to assume increased responsibilities
- Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop a team of engineers
- Excellent problem solving skills are a must as well as demonstrated experience in leadership of teams in resolving complex technical issues
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) principles and application
- Knowledge of composite terminology, lay-up and cure processes, testing, machining methods and precision bonding and assembly processes
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with analysis software (Nastran, FEMAP, Patran, Abaqus etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of static structural and structural/thermal analysis, buckling, stability, modal analysis, and loads definition, etc.
- Understanding of material characterization testing and product verification
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of configuration management best practices
- Excellent communication and technical presentation skills
- 2+ years' experience leading technical/professional resources
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.