Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Propulsion Systems is the world's top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems, a leading provider of small and micro-satellites, satellite components and subsystems, missile defense and strategic missile propulsion, a leading producer of lightweight space deployable and solar arrays. The firm is dedicated to being pioneers heading the front of technology and space program expansion and values driven individuals committed to the same vision.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems - Propulsion Systems, Promontory, Utah is recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Master Production Scheduling who will primarily be responsible for leading a team of professionals across 3 working locations that administer and manage the Master Production Schedule for a specified value stream.
• Creates and maintains a master schedule to control and pace both internal production and the external supply chain in order to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
• Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands
• Analyzes production and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools and human resource requirements.
• Monitors the production and supply chain workloads and capacities.
• Interfaces cross-functionally at all levels in creation and maintenance of schedule data including activity status gathering in status meetings.
• Improves forecasting tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects.
• Analyzes data to develop schedule and cost estimates in response to requests for proposals. Prepares supportive data to be used in master schedule change review, negotiations, audit and fact-findings.
• Assists in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
• Evaluates status and reports the problem areas to supervisor and management considering trends and giving recommendations for corrective actions.
• Monitors and maintains accurate ERP data. Acts as a custodian of ERP for the business unit.
• Confers with department managers to determine status of assigned projects.
Expected Requirements / Technical Skills:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4 year university in supply chain management, engineering, business, finance or related field preferred
• 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
• 5+ years of experience in manufacturing/operations
• Works positively in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
• Highly organized
• Delivers quality work on time
• Communicates quickly and thoughtfully through integrated team structures
• Strong interpersonal skills with a best-in-class customer service mindset
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Expertise using software like Excel to perform data analysis
• US citizen
Preferred Requirements / Technical Skills:
• Solid demonstration of ERP/MRP skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638906Posted: 2020-05-21