Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Network/Principal Network Communications Technician
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California
with travel required up to 10% of the time.
You will become part of Northrop Grumman's new classified program providing a Network Operations Center (NOC), a Security Operations Center (SOC), and encrypted network services to multiple customer sites. Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will manage and maintain a smooth operation of network environments while working with systems, network, software, and hardware engineers that are remote and on site.
- Operate and maintain a network with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) capabilities.
- Provide regular contact and coordination with the network engineers, system administrators, and security analysts on the program.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interface such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, bridges, gateways, TACLANES, AF7, etc..
- Provide technical support for computers and associated networks.
- Install, troubleshoot, service and repair personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables and connectors.
- Connect personal computers and terminals to existing data networks.
- Perform basic PC setup and configuration.
- Instruct and assist users in the use of personal computers and networks.
- Investigate information, network, and communication needs of users, and make recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
- Maintains trouble logs.
- Complete paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follow all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software.
- Work with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
*** This requisition may be filled at either a Network Communications Technician or a Principal Network Communications Technician level. Qualifications :
*** This requisition may be filled at either a Network Communications or Principal Network Communications Technician level. Basic Qualifications for Network Communications Technician:
Basic Qualifications for Principal Network Communications Technician:
- 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters; An additional four years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Other Basic Qualifications include:
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD; An additional four years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience working with customers in a classified space.
- Experience operating, maintaining, and updating networking and telecommunications equipment in a data center environment.
- Experience with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technologies.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of multiple network protocols with network related Cisco platforms and devices.
- Able to obtain, by start date, a DoD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (Example: Security+ CE).
- U.S. Citizenship and an Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain SAP.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed.
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification.
- CompTIA A+ or Network+
- Experience working with a Risk Management Framework from an IT perspective.
- Experience with computer security requirements in classified environments.
- Experience troubleshooting, installing, and configuring Desktops running Windows 10, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design.
- Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of government grade encryption gear (e.g., TACLANES).
- Knowledge of Call Manager.
- Knowledge of classified network design is a plus.
- Knowledge of AF7 setup and configuration.
- MS Windows 10 Certification.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.