Provide mission operations support to Northrop Grumman Space programs as a member of the Integrated Operations Directorate. Work with systems engineers to develop operational documentation for use during on-orbit checkout and commissioning of spacecraft and ground systems. Create executable scripts and associated procedures. Conduct testing using simulators and resolve discrepancies. Support system development activities such as requirements management, architecture development, integration and test and formal program milestones. Interface with program and customer personnel.
Act as Flight Controller or Operations Director during mission rehearsals and on orbit check out. Demonstrate an understanding of spacecraft systems and space vehicle operations. Monitor vehicle state of health across all subsystems. Perform short and long-term telemetry trending. Track space vehicle configuration, to include both hardware, software, and configurable item parameters. Make modifications to existing operations procedures to incorporate lessons learned from in-flight performance. Develop new procedures as required. Verify spacecraft commands before they are sent to the vehicle. Occasional shift work required. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications
- Minimum Education / Experience: High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education and/or related experience
- Planning & execution of real-time spacecraft commissioning activities for commercial, NASA and/or DoD space missions.
- Hands on experience commanding satellites and/or developing real-time executable mission plans.
- Basic understanding of space system components and spacecraft subsystems.
- Familiarity with Mission Operations Centers architectures and interfaces.
- Familiarity with space system operational documentation.
- Performing data flow testing including ground stations & Mission Operations Centers.
- Development and testing of real-time executable mission operations procedures and executable scripts.
- Space system simulator and test bed operations.
- Space system engineering activities such as requirements management, I&T, architecture, software development of flight/ground software.
- Familiarity with Rendezvous and Proximity Operations (RPO) and/or Space Mission Planning.
- Ability to obtain government security clearance is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638922Posted: 2020-05-21