Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a machinist/Fabricator/Integrator to join the Mechanical Manufacturing team of the Undersea's Systems division. This position is located in Annapolis, Maryland.
This position will be either 1st or 2nd shift. 1st shift is typically Mon-Fri 6AM-3:30 PM and 2nd shift is typically Mon-Fri 3:30PM-12AM. Candidates must be open and willing to work either shift.
The Machinist will perform a variety of machining and fabrication using both manual and CNC machines while receiving instructions verbally as well from reading blue prints and solid models. The selected person must be able to complete and maintain required skill certifications, work with documentation ranging from formal systems documentation to verbal engineering guidance, be able to read drawings and understand geometric tolerance, and utilize trigonometry and geometry as required for inter-related dimensions.
The Machinist will also be required to setup and operate a wide variety of machines and manufacturing equipment such as lathes, milling machines, saws, drill passes, grinding machine etc. to complete the machining and/or fabrication of parts. He/she must also be able to verify quality and acceptability of work performed within the inspection systems, provide objective quality evidence as required, and provide material handling of components and materials with the manufacturing process with equipment such as cranes, slings, forklifts utilizing basic rigging skills.
This position is intended with developed skills in mechanical technology and acknowledges specialization of skill area.
This will be filled on either 1st or 2nd shift.
- HS diploma or GED and 5 years of relevant experience
- Must have experience operating CNC machines
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able to plan and perform a wide variety of machining, fabrication, metals joining, and painting to produce parts, subassemblies, and/or systems for engineering models, prototypes, and state-of-the-art production systems
- Must have a working knowledge of hydraulics, assembly and systems integration
- Must be willing to work 1st shift (typically Mon-Fri 6AM-3:30PM) and/or 2nd shift (typically Mon-Fri 3:30PM-12AM)
- Experience programming CNC machines using Mastercam software
- Ability to import solid models
- Ability to operate and program wire edm using Espirit software
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638928Posted: 2020-05-21