Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Factory Quality Engineer 3 to be located at our Buffalo, NY location.
The candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting a variety of activities that directly support Factory Quality and the Quality Management System including: Corrective Actions, Continuous Improvement, analyzing and trending data to reduce defects, dispositioning of material, Process Audit non-conformances (internally and externally issued), and program Lessons Learned.
The candidate will be a project lead on specific efforts to support the Quality Management System and these activities may require working closely with upper management to ensure the scope and direction of each effort is on schedule and meeting all requirements. The candidate must be able to work in a fast- paced, cross-functional results-oriented climate and quickly get to the root cause of non-conformances to provide technical solutions and corrective actions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems.
The candidate must be adept at coaching and leading cross functional teams throughout the organization to integrate process engineering solutions into team action plans supporting organizational goals and objectives. Strong facilitation, written and verbal communication skills are critical to this role.
The candidate must be a self-starter with a proven track record of multi discipline team experience and possess outstanding analytical, presentation, communication and facilitation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards. Reviews, analyzes, trends and reports on quality discrepancies related to assembly and processing of mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical systems. Utilize statistical tools to identify trends. Evaluates and dispositions non-conforming material through the Material Review Board process.
- Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents Quality and Mission Excellence in cross functional teams to provide solutions to difficult technical issues.
- Identifies and implements performance metrics. Ability to understand disparate toolsets to extract, analyze, and report on data for Root Cause Analysis on non-conformities to provide status reporting, and trending in order to improve First Pass Yield and prevent recurrence of defects.
- Leads cross-functional teams to identify and implement solutions to address Corrective Actions and Continuous Improvements in a timely manner.
- Conducts product and process audits and evaluations to support the Quality Management System.
- Some technical background preferred to aide in automation and data normalization efforts.
Travel: business travel will be minimal, but may be required on occasion up to 10%.
MAQEA Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- 5+ years relevant experience and a Bachelor of Science in a related STEM field (or 3+ years experience with Masters in a related STEM field)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including advanced capabilities in Microsoft Excel
- Root Cause and Corrective Action methodologies
- Experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100 and Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Quality, Engineering or related field.
- Ability to perform quality related data analysis
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint (Designer or Developer)
- Experience in using TipQA
- Experience with Measurement and Test Equipment
- AS9100 or ISO-9001 Certified Lead Auditor
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- ASQ certification (CQE)
- Knowledge of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.