Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Dynamics Engineer in support of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This position will be permanently located in Roy, Utah with some travel to El Segundo, California. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The preferred candidate will have a strong foundation in structural dynamic analysis with concentration in launch vehicle analysis. The selected candidate will be a contributing member in all matters related to vibro-acoustics, dynamic response analysis, and will help in the development of dynamic analysis tools, methods and processes.
• The candidate will also be responsible for reviewing qualification test plans, attending supplier vibration tests, and documenting test results
• Will be working with test instrumentation including excitation systems, accelerometers, strain gages, sample rates, anti-aliasing and telemetry data processing techniques is required
• Processing post test data and the resulting data products pertaining to aero acoustics and dynamics
• Develop solutions to complex dynamic problems for missile platforms involving metallic structure
• Perform dynamic analysis using classical methods, commercial tools, and in-house codes for multidisciplinary technical problems.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSDJobs Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of related analysis experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 7 years of analysis experience, or 4 years of experience with a PhD
- Experience in Structural Dynamics, Launch environments working on Space or Air projects.
- Working knowledge of Structural Dynamics and Aero acoustic design and test requirements including military standards and specifications.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
• Knowledge of automated software testing methodologies and processes
• Bachelor's or Masters of Science degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering preferred
• Demonstrated ability to meet very short deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
• Knowledge of the following tools: MATLAB, NASTRAN, FEMAP, IADS, and FEMTOOLS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.