Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSpace). As a part of the NGSpace Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Systems Engineers. These positions will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
- Apply the principles of engineering to design components and systems using applicable standards and specifications
- Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for mechanical, electrical and integrated systems
- Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports
- Verify specifications and designs through modeling and simulation, test data processing, and performance analysis
- Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
- Develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for the systems engineering function
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with ICBM Weapon System
- Experience with any of the following tools and languages: CORE, DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, ModelCenter, MagicDraw, Easy Power, Prima Vera, UML, SysML
- Experience in Systems Engineering and any of the following areas:
- Requirements Management: MBSE, Functional Block Diagrams, Specification Trees
- Systems and end item requirements validation and verification
- Design: Systems Design, Systems Architecture, Systems Integration, N2 Analysis, Trade Studies
- General knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines: Safety, Nuclear Hardness, Nuclear Surety, Material Science, Environmental, Parts and Logistics, etc
- Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis
- Project Management
- Decision Making: Risk Management, Cost-Risk-Benefit Analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.