Northrop Grumman is seeking a Logistics/Procurement Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be located in the Ventura, CA area.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector - Undersea Systems Division is seeking a logistics/procurement specialist to perform a variety of duties directly supporting our team of engineers and technicians who design, develop, test, deliver, maintain and operate advanced marine systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Packaging materials, equipment and parts for shipment.
• Planning and coordinating the shipment and receipt of material using a
variety of government or commercial shipping services.
• Preparing records of materials shipped, including bills of lading.
• Transporting material between shipping companies (e.g. FedEx) and the
• Opening containers using hand tools to count and catalog materials.
• Verifying quantity, weight, and conformance of received materials.
• Managing a local storeroom of property, ensuring proper storage,
inventory control and issuing to end users.
• Using computer systems to maintain property records concerning
quantity, cost, and type of material received or shipped.
• Expediting the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between
departments and/or companies in accordance with provided timelines.
• Physical movement of material using various material handling
equipment, including forklifts and hand trucks.
• Purchasing routine, non-deliverable parts, materials and supplies using
Northrop Grumman's iBuy and Purchase Card procurement processes.
• Collaborating with engineers and technicians to understand procurement
requirements and then relaying those requirements to vendors.
• Maintain purchasing records in accordance with Northrop Grumman's
iBuy and Purchase Card procurement processes.
• Candidate will also be required to perform a variety of clerical duties.
Candidates should be well organized, effective working independently as
well as in a team environment, able to handle multiple assignments,
possess good oral and written communication skills and have a working
knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Should be detail-oriented and
possess a strong commitment to the overall mission. Should possess the
ability to learn and follow established processes, procedures, and
requirements. Work is distributed between office, industrial, and at times,
shipboard environments. Frequently required to stand, walk, and climb in
industrial facilities where it is necessary to bend, stoop, reach and lift
moderately. To ensure employee safety and health, we maintain
personal protective programs consistent with applicable laws and
regulations along with engineering controls and training.
Travel will typically be within a 90 mile radius to deliver or pick up material from vendors or shipping companies.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of additional education and/or related experience.
• Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
• Medically qualified for Material Handling Equipment operations
• Valid driver's license
• Knowledge of Government Property management, including FAR Part 52.245
• Procurement experience, especially with Northrop Grumman's iBuy and Purchase Card procurement methods
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.