Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.What you will get to do:
Operational Command and Control (OC2) Chief Engineer
Position will be the definitive technical authority for all aspects of engineering in the Operational Command and Control (OC2) element (hardware/software/support/test) and leads a multi-disciplined engineering team, guiding the technical performance of the program, providing support to the OC2 Element Lead in meeting cost and schedule requirements including subcontracted elements. Coordinates requirements development, hardware/software design, verification, and validation activities. Ensures that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment of products for our customers and is compliance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards. Maintains cognizance over technical activities within program IPTs and ensures horizontal integration of the best engineering practices across the company. Continually coordinates with the systems engineering and program integration team leadership to ensure the execution of program statement of work. Extensive customer interface and some travel will be required.
The OC2 Chief Engineer is expected to work collaboratively and with influence to gain commitment and performance from all organizations including the Command & Launch Segment and Program customers, Business Operations and Contracts, System Design, Integration and Test as needed to drive required business outcomes.
The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, planning and communication skills and possess extensive command and control design and analysis skills.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSDJobsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or other STEM-related field.
- 14 years of related experience with Bachelors in Science; 12 years with Masters; 9 years with PhD
- 10 or more years of experience leading a technical team employees to successful product development and delivery.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Ability to Obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Technical breadth in the Requirements Allocation, Configuration Management, Command & Control Design, Network Analysis, Subsystems Design and a broad knowledge of end-to-end program lifecycle.
- Must possess excellent leadership, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong partnership/collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to partner cross-IPT/cross-discipline within a team
- Strong program technical leadership skills
- Strong program execution skills; Demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones.
- Ability to integrate, engage, and lead team to perform at top level of performance.
- Ability to leverage experience/background to bring alternative ideas/solutions to the team
- Active Top Secret Clearance is required to start
- Master's Degree
- Active Top Secret Clearance w/Special Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.