At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated Command and Data Handling (CDH) Electrical Systems/Avionics Subsystems Engineer. This customer-facing position supports program staff in the analysis, investigation, and resolution of engineering electrical systems problems, subsystem requirements development, tasking, and schedule management as required by the program. Additionally, this role interacts with the internal staff and customer base, provides direction as appropriate to design or technician staff, reports statuses, and participates in internal and external design reviews. Depending on assignment, this role may task other technical team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop subsystem requirements
• Develops cost estimates for proposals and programs as required
• Develops and manages schedule and resources as required by the program
• Effectively operate within a multi-discipline engineering team
• Provide technical oversight to ensure the electrical system is compliant and verifiable at the avionics digital and analog telemetry level
• Analyzes and interprets requirements at the space vehicle level and flows down requirements to lower level specifications
• Evaluates and coordinates electrical system designs to ensure system-level requirements are met
• Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required
• Develops space vehicle level interface designs
• Provides technical coordination of vendors and suppliers
• Represents the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects
• Analyzes and designs avionics systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles
• Other duties as assigned
This position can be filled at the Principal Engineer or Sr. Principal Engineer level.
• Must have U.S. Citizenship
• A Bachelor's Degree in a STEM Degree (preferably Electrical Engineering) and 9 years of related experience (Or a Master's Degree and 7 years of experience, or PhD with 4 yrs of exp.)
• Experience with creating and tracking schedules using project tracking tools such as Microsoft project
• Experience with EVMS and creating variance reports
• Experience leading teams of engineers managing resources and schedules
• Experience with requirements tracking tool such as DOORS
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638948Posted: 2020-05-21