The Tactical Space Systems division of Northrop Grumman seeks qualified candidates for the Aerosciences team.
- Problem abstraction, decomposition and analysis of continuum, rarefied and/or plasma flows in complex configurations by means of numerical techniques such as CFD, DSMC, PIC, etc.
- Grid generation of internal/external geometries using structured multi-block, unstructured, hybrid and overset meshes for viscous, rarefied and plasma simulations. Problem set up, numerical execution and post-processing of solutions.
- Use of High Performance Computing (HPC) Linux clusters for convergence and solution of numerical simulations.
- Physical modeling and/or model implementation of plasma thrusters, chemical thrusters, flow systems, test set-ups etc.
- Validation of numerical models by means of empirical data. Includes interpretation of data obtained experimentally and/or design of physical test set-ups.
- Technical support to other engineering disciplines like Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C), Propulsion, Thermal, etc.
- Generation of Statements of Work (SOW) and management of subcontract work to outside vendors.
- Preparation and presentation of technical reports for internal and external customers.
- Participation in program meetings and design reviews (PDR, CDR, etc.).
- BS Degree & 5 years experience in technical discipline
- 3 years experience with a Master's degree, or a PhD degree
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Strong background in numerical M&S of fluid and/or plasma dynamics.
- Working experience with Linux OS and HPC platforms.
- Programming experience with C language and Python scripting.
- Working experience with CFD, DSMC and/or PIC government or commercial software.
- Working experience with pre- and post-processing software like Pointwise, Tecplot and ParaView.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638953Posted: 2020-05-21