Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Baltimore, MD Space Systems team. This position will support both concept and product development to deliver key solutions within the Northrop Grumman Corporation Space Systems Sector, Payload and Ground Systems Division and will report to the PGS Eastern Region SEIT Department.
The position will be responsible for supporting modeling, simulation, and analysis (MS&A) tasks for space subsystems, payloads, and/or vehicles. These tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Mission Design and Analysis
- Constellation and System Performance Analysis
- Payload Performance Modeling (EO/IR and RF)
- Support requirement decomposition, CONOPS development, trade studies, and verification using MS&A
#ngfeaturedjobs #spacepgs #spacepgsseitQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) curriculum with 5 years relevant experience (3 years with Master of Science Degree, 0 years with PhD). Candidates with an additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered for a Sr. Principal position.
- Four years of experience with programming in MATLAB, C/C++, Python, or other programming language
- Experience in developing performance models and algorithms
- Experience in creating plans, test scripts, and/or conducting performance analysis
- Active Top Secret clearance or SCI.
- Sensor modeling development and integration into simulation framework
- Knowledge of EO/IR, digital communications, and/or RF systems
- Basic knowledge of EO/IR sensing and sensor performance (performance metrics, bands, optics, focal planes, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of antennas, antenna polarization, power density and spectral roll off
- Mission modeling including operational analysis and mission effectiveness
- Knowledge of spacecraft bus design and analysis
- Experience with astrodynamics modeling systems for mission analysis & planning
- Mission design and analysis
- Requirement analysis and decomposition based on MS&A
- Experience developing system state transitions diagrams, mission use cases, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, mission threads
- Active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph within 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.