Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a UX Lead. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Lead UX Designer in support of weapon system-based training. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Training Systems Team (TST).
The User Experience Design (UX) Lead will provide UX Design leadership support to the TST Training Services Lead for program design, development, and delivery of training equipment and simulators.
The UX Lead is responsible for interfacing with interdisciplinary partners and development teams to provide design consultation and product development from a user-centered design and technological point of view. This is a leadership position for the creative design, technology and media professionals throughout the organization who are engaged in the development of novel training solutions.
This role is accountable for overseeing the innovation of graphic design and technology solutions, ensuring that design and development standards, projects, resources and assets are managed appropriately.
The UX Lead responsible for integrating creativity with technology while fostering a positive work environment to produce exceptional training products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply existing design and technology solutions in new ways, research emerging trends and develop new solutions to support product execution, and remove barriers.
- Assess target audience needs and balance business needs and environments to determine effective learning solutions.
- Support all phases of the UX process, including research discovery, user-centered design and iterative production.
- Implement user-centered designs from instructional training lessons to depict scenarios and interactive events for qualification and certification training.
- Design, create, and implement technical solutions, navigation, interactions, and information layouts for web, desktop, and mobile applications, extended reality, glass cockpits, and media ecosystems that span multiple form factors and platforms.
- Support 3D production pipeline - model, texture, rig, light, animate, and render 3D assets for game-based virtual training needs using a specified game engine such as Unity.
- Lead team in developing the strategy and ongoing maintenance of training platform.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams that span the social sciences, human-computer interaction, graphic design, information architecture, multimodal design, 3D design and other related disciplines.
- Develop and revise design specifications for 2D, 3D, web and interactive media specific to simulated training lessons.
- Consult with colleagues, government customers, and peers to determine strategic alignment of design and technology solutions to advance business priorities.
- Strong skills in Adobe design products (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects) and prototyping tools (Adobe XD, Axure, Balsamiq).
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSDJobs Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Design, Visual Communications, Digital Media, Computer Science or related field and at least 14 years of experience OR a Master's Degree and 12 years of experience.
- Strong technical expertise to understand technology requirements and translate between business and technology teams. Web and multimedia development experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience with a 3D software package, preferably 3DS Max.
- High level of skill with Adobe design products: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects.
- Experience with Extended Reality (XR) / Virtual Reality (VR) development.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance must be held and maintained.
- Ability to obtain and retain a DoD Top Secret Clearance. (U.S. Citizenship is required.)
- Experience with User Experience (UX) Research and Design.
- Experience with Unity game engine is highly desired.
- Experience with virtual and augmented reality hardware including the HTC Vive.
- Post-production techniques using non-linear video editing and motion design software including Adobe Premier and After Effects. As well as audio mixing using Adobe Audition.
- Knowledge of missile defense programs and ICBM systems.
- Management of cross-functional design and development teams.
- Ability to present designs and developments to high-level customers and represent Northrop Grumman values.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.