At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
supporting Strategic Space Systems for our Redondo Beach, CA
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Sources and procures specialized goods and services.
- Owns contractual management for the supplier.
- Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases. Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- In conjunction with Northrop Grumman's quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as suppliers' ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures, including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of subcontract administration tasks.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organizations so that proper receipt of deliveries is recorded.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Reviews and approves supplier payments, if required.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree with 9 years of experience in Supply Chain Management and/or related Business Management, a Master's degree with 7 years of experience, or a High School diploma/equivalent with 13 years' experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Supply Chain Management or a related business discipline
- Strong working knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations
- Experience with SAP
- International subcontracting experience
Posting ID: 556638974Posted: 2020-05-21