At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Engineer Systems Test
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida
and will support the Joint STARS program. Essential Functions:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Technical expert in multiple areas of network, computer hardware and software, interconnection and interfacing technologies
- Ensure networks and hardware assets are configured and ready to test by deploying software and configuring hardware
- Configure, build and troubleshoot advanced networks, hardware and communication systems in a laboratory environment
- Collaborate with other engineers and lab users to ensure the lab meets test requirements and the needs of all stakeholders
- Developing and releasing engineering documentation for a detailed laboratory architecture and requirements baseline
- Support Management and lab users on technical applications and best practices
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet program needs, including present and future requirements
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of network, computer, or software/hardware engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3+ years of network, computer, or software/hardware engineering experience OR PhD Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and years of network, computer, or software/hardware engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience with configuring, designing and/or managing hardware and software systems
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Experience with VMS software
- Experience with Red Hat Linux
- Experience with various data links and communication standards to include 1553, Link 16, UHF, VHF, SATCOM, etc.
- Understanding of configuration management for hardware and software
- Knowledge of fiber optic, 1553, RF and Ethernet communications
- Network experience involving switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Experience with integrating hardware and software in a manned aircraft system
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638979Posted: 2020-05-21