Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts,connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Database/Software Engineering Interns to join the Enterprise Services Intern Program. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL, Auburn, AL, or Annapolis Junction, MD.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services, IT Solutions.The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where the intern will interact with users, customers, software engineers, application developers, and other database architects. Selected interns will perform database architect and administration duties that include evaluation, installation, and maintenance of RDBMS.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of database engineering specializations that may include:
Roles and Responsibilities
• Installation of SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and other RDBMS technologies
• Development of reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
• Data migrations related to RDBMS upgrades
• Develop code for database triggers and stored procedures
• Deployment of database changes into production environments
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing a degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD)
from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020.
• Be majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software
Engineering or STEM related major
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic
transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the
documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S.
citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
• Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team
• Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex
• Acquainted with Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL; knowledge of Structured
• Familiarity with MS Windows or Linux environments
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.