Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
The Material Requirement Analyst works at the United States Postal Service (USPS) Central Repair Facility (CRF) in Topeka, KS. The CRF is a depot repair facility for USPS mail processing, delivery, and bulk mail systems repairable parts. Examples: repairing printed circuit boards, electrical, electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies to component level. The CRF provides depot level maintenance for essential automation, mechanization, retail and bulk mail processing systems used in all mail processing and retail installations.
Our Material Requirement Analyst performs material planning in support of purchasing and production. Job specific task include:
• Analyzing manufacturing enterprise resource planning and other material requirements based on needs of assembly demands, component replenishments, substitute parts or materials, production setups, engineering changes and enterprise supplies
• Developing raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules
• Resolving schedule, material requirement or business system problems with cross functional representatives
• Approving part or material requisitions and initiates production and purchase change orders
• Resolving master schedules and production problems and negotiates lead times
• Evaluating, researching, studying and preparing reports on material management inventory reorder points, stock levels, demand, and impact of material requirements
• Analyzing and making recommendations for changes in material management reporting and control systems
• Interfacing with government agencies, customer representative and outside agencies regarding material requirements and demand forecasting
• Managing, approving and scheduling all purchase requisitions
• Preparing written competitive and non-competitive material justifications
• Preparing and presenting reports regarding material management
• Using general knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards
• Coordinating with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling or specific phases of projects or contracts
• Conducting briefings and participating in technical meetings for internal or external representatives concerning specifics operations
• Performing other related tasks as assigned
•3 years with Bachelor's and 5 years with an Associate's (or equivalent combination of training and professional work experience that provides the required knowledge and skills).
•Sensitive security clearance required to start
•Inventory and demand planning
•Strong analytical and transparent measurement skills (quantitative)
•Excellent organizational skills
•Ability to balance and prioritize numerous deadlines
•Demonstrate appropriate People Leadership Characteristics
•Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
•Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
•Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
•Physical activity may include forklift, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, and repetitive motion
•Required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment and to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures
•APICS, ISM or similar certification
•Knowledge of Continuous Improvement /Root cause analysis
•Lean Six Sigma and ISO 9001 experience or training
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.