Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSpace). As a part of the NGSpace Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, its work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Supply Chain Procurement Specialists. These positions will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Job Description:
• Sources and procures goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers.
• Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
• In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
• Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
• Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations.
• Issues purchase orders.
• Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
• Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
• Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
• Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
• Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
• Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to purchase orders.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used
to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Experience with FAR/DFARS.
- SAP Experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.